Animals and IVS

lenz_freaker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone successfully using IVS tripwire or intrusion to detect animals? If so what are do your settings look like?

I finally got my filtering tweaked fairly well in synology to only be alerted on important stuff using action rules instead of the built in notifications (allows alerts by smd/intrusion/tripwire individually without having it alert for any of them) so i could still capture cars/people in non-important areas so they show up in the timeline w/ out having to use plain ole' motion detection. No bugs yeah!

Id like to still capture critters and such on the timeline as well without setting off alerts. I dont need lizards and ants but cats, trash pandas, armadillos, and larger would be nice. Birds would be icing on the cake but im not holding out hope.

I saw the thread about the firmware where it seems like disabled human/vehicle for ivs basically did nothing and they had to roll back to an "animal friendly" firmware. Is this still the case? What about with web5.0?

I just setup a rule on a 4k/t used as overview that has a bird feeder that gets a lot of activity (yes...cats apparently like bird food and the squirrels that eat from it too) but havent had anything hit it yet. I removed the smd target and just put a minimum size box there instead that would be smaller than a cat in the fov. Not sure if this is correct way.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On newer firmwares dahua filters any animals. No matter if you disable "human/vehicles".

There was already somewhere a thread about this.

There are a few possibilties:
  • old camera with old firmwate
  • reolink camera or similiar
  • own AI model which runs over the stream

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am playing with a Dahua thermal now that is IVS triggering for animals.

While it doesn't have a check box for animals, the Target box can be unchecked so that you can get IVS triggers on objects that meet the min size criteria.

Of course most don't want to watch wildlife thru a thermal, but it could be used to trigger cameras to record.

lenz_freaker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im just going to say 5.0 is the same issue. I had some large sand cranes out there this morning and the camera didnt even blink.

Funny thing is i have a 5442 on a shed that can also see the feeder and every so often while i was rotating thru settings while testing the SMD feature will pickup the cranes as people and sometimes even vehicles. Ive also had it pick up a larger kitten as human a few times. Never had any others do that yet so must be something in that version of firmware.

Are the comparable HIK models the same way w/ animals filtered out in the firmware?