Annke NC800 vs Empiretech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3

Pandemic

n3wb
Reaction score
Me again. I've been doing some digging and found the Annke NC800. It's 4k (8.29 MP) and has an 1/1.2″ STARVIS CMOS sensor and 2.8" focal length.
30 fps (2688 X 1520)
Reviews, at least this one, is positive:

Now, the Empiretech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 seems solid and the biggest difference, aside from resolution, is the 2.7mm-12mm vari-focal lense.
4MP (2688×1520) @25/30 fps. , 1/1.8" CMOS image sensor,

According to the helpful graph below, the NC800 seems good in terms of sensor size to resolution. I do like the idea of capturing higher definition during day time but the vari-focal lense in the empiretech would allow for much greater customization.

1721919391715.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You really can't compare a fixed lens to a varifocal.

The NC800 is closer to the 4KT camera than the 54IR camera and there are threads comparing the two 4K cameras.

To decide which camera between the 4K camera and the 54IR, at a minimum this needs to be known:

• Do you have enough light to support the 4K camera as it does not have IR and does not see infrared, so cannot be added later.
  • What is the goal of the camera - overview or identify?
  • What is the distance to the area you are wanting to IDENTIFY?

So for example, if your goal is to identify at 30 feet out, the 4K camera will be the wrong choice.

Remember, digital zoom only works in the movies and TV. You may get away with some digital zoom in optimal conditions, but most of the time, not.

Pandemic

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting, I thought it had some IR built in so that's a good call.

The goal is generally overview but the option of identifying would be ideal. I need to go get a tape measure and start figuring out the actual distance. I'd have to guess 50 feet, generally.

I'll do a bit more reading on these full color night vision cameras (who don't have IR) and I may buy one to test with.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to identify at 50 feet, the full color cameras won't do it or any small focal length fixed cams.

Realistically you would need like the 54IR-Z4E to identify at 50 feet, but the width of the field of view will be narrow.

Ideally you need two cameras - one for overview and one for Identify at 50 feet.