Annoying newbie questions, please help, anybody? DS-2CD2032F-I

alltaken

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just entered the world of IP cams and I would really appreciate some advice to get me setup.

I'm stuck with a purchase of a Chinese version DS-2CD2032F-I. I have read about changing the region and would very much like to do this if possible? Failing that could I downgrade to a firmware that is compatible with an NVR? (NVR for future use, currently I'll be using a PC).

The seller sneakily sent me the below after my purchase of an apparently UK version of the cam.

hello friend,
good day,
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you and may the new year bring you prosperity and happiness..
thanks for your order.
PLS Note:The camera is Hikvision multilanguage version, upgraded it to English which is the same function with English Version. Can't update the firmware only. The firmware is the lastest version V5.3.0.you needn't update it. You could download user manual from hikvision offical website
here is the link for the English manual

http://overseas.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_157_i8815.html

you can download it on your pc.

Could you pls kindly follow these steps and let us know if it can work,since we tested the products 100% before sending:

> 1.Pls kindly download the software SADP_V3.0.0.2(new) in the link: http://overseas.hikvision.com/europe/Tools_82.html

> 2.Open SADP---find the related camera---edit the IP address to IP address of your own network -you have to change the IP address to the same network segment as your router, like if your router is 192.168.0.1,then you need to change the camera's IP address to 192.168.0.203,or you can't open it in web. ----save

> 3.Open the IP address of your own network------input the user name : admin; password:123456789abc

> 4.As I don't know which system you computer run, pls kindly download the software iVMS-4200 according to you computor operation system in this link: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_84.html
> Pls kindly note: If the soft iVMS-4200 in the above link could not work. then pls kindly download the software iVMS-4200 in this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3gxedMzLn3UT1RwS2tsd0xndEU/view?usp=sharing

My dear friend , if it can't work,please be free to contact us. We will try our hardest to provide you the best service. Your kindly patience and understanding will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks and best regards.
Wish you a lovely day!
peter

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just entered the world of IP cams and I would really appreciate some advice to get me setup.

I'm stuck with a purchase of a Chinese version DS-2CD2032F-I. I have read about changing the region and would very much like to do this if possible? Failing that could I downgrade to a firmware that is compatible with an NVR? (NVR for future use, currently I'll be using a PC).

The seller sneakily sent me the below after my purchase of an apparently UK version of the cam.
Name and shame the seller if they said it was a UK version and sold you a hacked Chinese one. Personally I'd just send it back. It's not as described.

You can't change the region, not possible.

If you keep the camera then you will need to make sure you pick an NVR which will work with this camera. What firmware is your camera on? Check with SADP and not what is written on the box or camera.

alltaken

n3wb
Reaction score
Name and shame the seller if they said it was a UK version and sold you a hacked Chinese one. Personally I'd just send it back. It's not as described.

You can't change the region, not possible.

If you keep the camera then you will need to make sure you pick an NVR which will work with this camera. What firmware is your camera on? Check with SADP and not what is written on the box or camera.
Thanks for the reply. The camera is on v5.3.0. Will I be limited in function with this firmware? The seller emailed me to say it is altered for the English language, does this mean I'm good to go with NVR devices or likely to be an issue?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The camera is on v5.3.0. Will I be limited in function with this firmware? The seller emailed me to say it is altered for the English language, does this mean I'm good to go with NVR devices or likely to be an issue?
You won't be able to update your firmware is the only real issue.

Does it mean you are good to go with NVR devices? Depends. Some will be ok, some won't (I think older NVRs won't work with your one). Most you can get working but who knows what the future holds.

If you ordered UK, you should get UK. It's that black and white for me.