Another ghosting issue on my encoder camera

AgentShawn

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another camera experiencing "ghosting" issues.

This one is a fixed analog, not a PTZ.

To get to the settings, I go into an IP address which reaches the encoder that this (and several other cameras) are on.

It's a wisenet encoder if that helps.

If you need any specific stats, let me know which ones.

Just seeing if I can stop the ghosting on it.

I asked about this issue on a PTZ here but the resolution (DNR settings) isn't on this encoder.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The analog camera likely has an OSD setup screen. Should be able to control DNR and Exposure from it. Most likely one or the other or both.

AgentShawn

n3wb
Reaction score
The analog camera likely has an OSD setup screen. Should be able to control DNR and Exposure from it. Most likely one or the other or both.
Is that something I'll probably need to access from the camera itself? I have a little handheld viewer I can take to test cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes. In Dahua CVI analog cams you pull up the live view in the XVR and use the ptz menu button to pull up the onscreen display for the camera. An overlay on the live view. Typically many of the same settings as an IP cam but no day/night exposure setting. So you have to pick one that works for both

Salcamo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another camera experiencing "ghosting" issues.

This one is a fixed analog, not a PTZ.

To get to the settings, I go into an IP address which reaches the encoder that this (and several other cameras) are on.

It's a wisenet encoder if that helps.

If you need any specific stats, let me know which ones.

Just seeing if I can stop the ghosting on it.

I asked about this issue on a PTZ here but the resolution (DNR settings) isn't on this encoder.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.
Image of your ghosting would help. There are a few different kind and causes. This would be similar with CVBS and any type of Analog HD. Later one would be more pronounced as scan frequencies are higher.

The most common cause of ghosting from any analog camera is transmission line impedance mismatch. That would be the coax, that for most analog cameras must be 75 Ohm impedance. (This is different than resistance you measure with multi-meter.) Problem is worse on long cable runs. Also, problem often present if CAT cable used for analog video without BALUN , and even sometimes with BALUN because of BALUN and/or CAT cable quality,

Occasionally camera output and receiver (in your case - encoder?) may also have wrong impedance, usually no_brand or really cheap equipment, then no good coax would help.

• Inspect your signal line, make sure there is no funky wiring, jumpers, adapters, baluns, twisted pairs or other stuff with uncontrolled and unverified transmission line impedance.
  • Swap one of devices (camera, coax, encoder) with different brand/type and see if problem disappears.
  • You may check impedance of all/each of the above with Vector Network Analyzer, like hobbyist grade "nanoVNA".