Another Hobby

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently got interested in having an IPC.
Decided for a Goliath IP 209.
I actually just wanted to document building my garden cottage with a camera. And then it's nice to have it onwards as a security cam for said cottage.

Cheers

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome.

That camera will probably work fine for daytime use. However, it is a high MP camera (8mp) on a small sensor (1/2.8") which generally means the low/no light performance is going to be sub-par. This is because the individual pixel size is going to be very small. Think of pixels like a window - a large window will let through a lot more light than a small window does. The amount of light that a pixel can absorb has a direct correlation to the camera's low/no light performance.

Again, it's probably fine to document the building of your garden cottage (I can't image there will be a lot of nightime work on it), but you may be disappointed when/if you ever want to transition to more security oriented goals.

We always recommend new members read the wiki located in the top menus. While it may be a little out of date as far as the cameras listed, the knowledge it provides is a great place to start.

Last edited: