Another I bricked my camera thread

Reaction score
Ok Maybe not that as much as i do not know what i'm doing. So got a new US version 2032 from amazon. most everything seemed fine except the VMS 4200 pcnr would only see it erratically but i could see it via web and remotely. So me being a newb i just looked up how to do a firmware upgrade and jumped on it via wifi using 5.3.1. Well low and behold it failed. Now what? well the answer to that is spend 20 hours looking on the internet without getting anywhere remotely close. I have gotten the Hikvision TFTP server tool and that seems to be working but I cannot get the camera to reboot after any version of firmware. I'm confused now because when the TFTP server completes it has one less line than pictured on the Hikvision pdf for the process. So I'm not sure if it is actually finishing or not.Screen shot shows my result on left and pic from Hikvision on right. I can't telnet it. Telnet service is running. both firewall and antvirus is turned off. I am powering it through an 8 port POE directly into my laptop. I can usually figure these things out as I am somewhat computer literate but I am stumped at the moment and I have clicked every link i can find in google. New to telnet thing so that may be one isssue. Oh and a hard reset by pushing the reset button forever does nothing. camera is on with leds lit at night and off during the day. Any help is really appreciated . Thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
Thanks. That got it back going. It was still a little weird to me. When the TFTP server software finished the camera would not reboot. Would not show up on SADP tool. After several attempts I just got fed up and went to bed. Woke up this morning and there it was showing on SADP tools. Guess it was just tired of being messed with LOL. Changed IP and was back up and running on local computer. I'll get it back on my wifi this evening.
Thanks Again

I guess I was overloaded from the start. I read that sticky at least twice and didn't put it together that's what I needed.