Any IP Cams that can be easily viewed in any browser?

looking

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried a variety of IP cameras and all of them require a person to install a bunch of java or other software to be able to view the camera. Usually it doesn't install correctly or you have to really work at it to make it work in anything but Internet Explorer. Having to figure out hidden ways to add exceptions to certificates and other nonsense shouldn't be required to view the cam.
Are there any cameras that allow you to just plug in the cams ip address (the router ip/port forward, yadda yadda) into any browser, anywhere in the world and be able to view the camera, through streaming video or at least by refreshing still images without having to go through a bunch of trouble that looks like you are trying to install a virus.

In Windows 7/10, I have never been able to view any of these cameras in Chrome or Firefox. The java NEVER works no matter how many times it is installed and I follow a hundred steps to making it work. I want to install a public camera that people can access from anywhere and don't have to fear that they are getting a computer virus. Nobody would ever go through all that trouble to view a cam.

I find cameras like this all the time online, where you just go to a website and boom, you are viewing a live feed. No java, no logins, no nonsense. How is it done?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
With Longse/Cantonk cams you can view jpg snapshot without having to install anything or login.

You can check their demos and just add snap.jpg at the end of url

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Websites doing WebCams are not the same as security cameras, they have a webserver thats taking the video stream and converting it into a web compatible format.. you can use security cameras, but not directly.. they dont have the resources to feed a bunch of clients, just a couple.

For security reasons all the modern browsers are killing external plugins, entirely.. flash is being forced to die, and so are all the shitty plugins.. for the sake of internet security.

Security Cameras are not going to catch up any time soon, unlike browsers this stuff is embedded into billions of dollars of hardware thats not just going to go away.. so we are going to have to cope with very shitty browser support for a while, until the issue is settled.. mobile and native apps are the intermediate solution, right now they work better and faster than browser plugins could ever hope.