Any recommended electrician who could help install POE cameras in Seattle?

wythhh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks, sorry I understand this is a dumb question because this forum is full of learning materials and warm-hearted ppl answering newbee's questions. But I'm really not confident of getting into attic + pulling wire + drilling holes on exterior wall and installing cameras.

I'd like to buy 4-5 poe cameras from Andy, does anyone in Seattle know reliable electrician who could install them for me? I've never worked with any electrician before, any idea on what is the estimated price to install these cameras?

Thank you!

Reaction score
POE cameras are "low voltage" (48VDC, IEEE 802.3AT, Cat-6E wire or better, RJ-45 connectors) wiring and connections, and by code should be run separately and apart from "line voltage" or 110VAC or 220VAC. Separate boxes in the wall, different colors (orange, not gray or blue). Before the inflation of recent years, it would typically cost about $100 per "home run" of each wire, plus the cost per foot of wire (roughly fifty cents per foot, before markup). Don't expect the electrician to connect your network cables and configure the cameras, either. They'll provide Ethernet connectivity at both ends of the wire, but that's where their responsibility ends. Finally, these amounts are strictly "rough estimates" or "ballpark" amounts, and by no means accurate for your area. I'm in the Southeastern US, FYI.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score