Any threads on using clips to tweak motion detection ?

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hours have passed as I look for ways to use a previously recorded clip to help tweak motion detection.
Waiting for the next car or person to come down the road makes no sense so can someone assist in pointing me to other threads or videos discussing this.
I've watched the help videos talking about doing several clones but those seemed to also be on live shots.
Getting the rectangular boxes or highlights to appear on recorded clips is what I am searching for.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but when you're playing back a recording, right-click while it's playing and you should have the option to run through the motion detection simulator.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
okay, that's a start - I couldn't get to that from the timeline, needed to do it right on a clip but it's not letting me make adjustments while viewing these.
I'll be using this in my search parameters now and should be a big help - thanks.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yep, just couldn't find the right wording to do proper searches.
I once was a google wizard but even with the site:ipcamtalk.com you have to find the right triggers.
Found a lot of threads now - which I prefer over the help file which doesn't let you clarify or ask questions - but ofc I'll read that too.
Thanks