Anyone ever take apart a 12E to get water out of it and resea?

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got the older z12-e that's been up for 2.5 years that has some water intrusion. Emailed Andy about it and he said to take the camera apart and reseal it with silicone. He mentioned to pry the front cover off and I'd have to remove some screws to do the job. Was pretty vague about it so I'm wondering if anyone has done this and has some pictures or instructions and if it successfully fixed the problem. Was hoping to not have to buy another camera for $250 but will if I have to. Rather not have to spend the time to do the job just to have to take it down and replace it anyways. Camera is still working but image is very blurry with the water and motion detection is not working reliably with the water in front of the lense.

IMG_3079.jpgIMG_3077.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, that clear plastic "window" comes off if you're careful with an exacto knife and some gentle prying. Once off its pretty obvious a couple of screws, get at the old dissecant bag, pop new one in, reseal platic window with your favorite goop with a toothpick or other small spreader.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Some Cam chatter on it here.