Anyone ever used a ENS 302A NVR?

Lee Denton

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a customer that wants to add to his existing nvr setup. Model NVR302A - 16/16P -4KS2. Looks like it is made by ENS or dahua. He is stuck on using this system. He wants a good dahua turret or dome cam in a steril room in a pharmacy where meds are mixed. He needs 2 way audio and ability to zoom in on various chemicals used by pharmacists directly below the cam. He even wants the ability to read some of the labels if he needs to. The camera will be positioned above the workspace within 8 feet of the workers. Any suggestions on a dahua that would meet this requirement? Thanks for the input guys.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He is asking for too much LOL. These cameras are good, but not that good.

You will find that the two-way audio is walkie talkie like and most here do not use it. You press the mic button and talk and then let go so you can hear the next person. And there is a several second lag. Most of us with two-way audio never use it outside of the initial play period with it. Or to send an audio alarm.

One of those things that in theory sounds good, but reality it just doesn't cut it for a conversation. Works good to yell "get off my lawn" but to have a conversation, forget it.

And zooming in and reading pharmacy labels - not going to happen even under ideal conditions.

Here was someone recently with the current king of the hill 5442 varifocal cameras reading mulch labels that I am sure are much larger print than prescription bottles:

1713925137624.png

Lee Denton

n3wb
Reaction score
He is asking for too much LOL. These cameras are good, but not that good.

You will find that the two-way audio is walkie talkie like and most here do not use it. You press the mic button and talk and then let go so you can hear the next person. And there is a several second lag. Most of us with two-way audio never use it outside of the initial play period with it. Or to send an audio alarm.

One of those things that in theory sounds good, but reality it just doesn't cut it for a conversation. Works good to yell "get off my lawn" but to have a conversation, forget it.

And zooming in and reading pharmacy labels - not going to happen even under ideal conditions.

Here was someone recently with the current king of the hill 5442 varifocal cameras reading mulch labels that I am sure are much larger print than prescription bottles:

View attachment 193051

Lee Denton

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. That’s what I was thinking as well. Just wanted to see if there was something out there that I was missing. I think we will go the intercom route with audio. And I may order a 5442 to let him play with.