Anyone familiar with Alptop Ptz Cameras?

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Managed to get this for $10:

Wondering if anyone has this or any experience with it?

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, for $10 I guess one could hardly go wrong :)

Wondering if anyone has this or any experience with it?
I cannot imagine it would be very good, given as it's less than half the price of economy brands like Dahua and Hikvision, and those are 1/3 to 1/4 the price of truly pro-grade brands like Digital Watchdog, Samsung, and others. But, knowing absolutely nothing about the brand I could be all wet, too :)

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd say it's a quarter of the price of a Dahua or Hikvision and will probably perform at that level, one quarter of their performance.

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, for $10 I guess one could hardly go wrong :)

I cannot imagine it would be very good, given as it's less than half the price of economy brands like Dahua and Hikvision, and those are 1/3 to 1/4 the price of truly pro-grade brands like Digital Watchdog, Samsung, and others. But, knowing absolutely nothing about the brand I could be all wet, too :)
Im wondering if it would work well for 40-50 ft? Thats how far im away from the street. Just was wondering how it does for motion tracking and following license plates.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Motion tracking and license plate reading are mutually exclusive. In fact LPR takes a dedicated camera, normally, with a high shutter rate for both day and night. Motion tracking in a lower end camera like that probably wouldn't be very reliable. If it were, would anyone spend $300 and up for a PTZ that does have reliable tracking?

Last edited:

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Motion tracking an license plate reading are mutually exclusive. In fact LPR takes a dedicated camera, normally, with a high shutter rate for both day and night. Motion tracking in a lower end camera like that probably wouldn't be very reliable. If it were, would anyone spend $300 and up for a PTZ that does have reliable tracking?

What would you do with it? Sell it or what use could one get out of it?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of a PTZ in the first place, too darn big. I don't think it would get much of a price if sold, so I'd say set it up as a fixed camera and chalk it up to a lesson learned. I know I've learned that way with video surveillance, so you're not alone.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got something that looks like this.. what do you want to know ?