Anyone Paid Extra for Hikvision Module in Speed Dome?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just curious, have any of you that have purchased a Huisun speed dome spent the extra money for the Hikvision branded module?

As most are aware, I've been on the search for a ptz with slow shutter ability and despite the listings on the Huisun ptz domes saying shutter speeds down to 1 second, they in reality are only 1/25 (in 50hz mode; 1/30 in NTSC mode).

Someone in another thread suggested that perhaps the specs in the ads were based on the Hikvision module upgrade. Looking at some of the expensive Hikvision branded domes on Hikvision's website, the specs do match, so maybe the Hikvision modules would offer the slow shutter ability.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just curious, have any of you that have purchased a Huisun speed dome spent the extra money for the Hikvision branded module?

As most are aware, I've been on the search for a ptz with slow shutter ability and despite the listings on the Huisun ptz domes saying shutter speeds down to 1 second, they in reality are only 1/25 (in 50hz mode; 1/30 in NTSC mode).

Someone in another thread suggested that perhaps the specs in the ads were based on the Hikvision module upgrade. Looking at some of the expensive Hikvision branded domes on Hikvision's website, the specs do match, so maybe the Hikvision modules would offer the slow shutter ability.
I did seriously consider it but ended up taking the standard huisun one.
The basis of the decision was down to the sensor.
As I understood it which may be wrong is the Sony sensor the huisun use is actually a superior sensor and would give a better image especially at night.

I'm on the lookout again and might be tempted either by the huisun itself again or one of the hikvision modules in the huisun or one of the hik variants on ae as there are a couple reasonably priced albeit Chinese region and language.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pretty sure my speed dome is Sony sensor and Hikvision module.

It's completely plug-and-play except it's not PoE.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pretty sure my speed dome is Sony sensor and Hikvision module.

It's completely plug-and-play except it's not PoE.
Hikvision do use a Sony sensor it's just a different one
The one huisun use is supposed to actually be better

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision do use a Sony sensor it's just a different one
The one huisun use is supposed to actually be better
Mine's an IMX322, so I doubt Huisun on that one very much. Unless they meant better than OV than yes ok.