Anyone used a Dahua IP video intercom kit?

Suparat

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't do it, they are crap. When they work they work well however from bitter experience they have > 10% failure rate. Also good luck with warranty.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I bought a DoorBird D202SS flush mount unit. Delivered next week - local warranty and support so fingers crossed its good.

gator123

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for a good IP-based video intercom solution for my front gate that allows me to have conversations and open the gate from either a station inside the house or from my smartphone. I'd like to have a number pad as part of the video unit at the gate, and a fingerprint sensor would be a bonus (but not necessary). I prefer POE for all components and the gate and home are already fully wired with ethernet and electric. From my research, it appears that both the Hikvision Door Station (e.g., DS-KD8002-VM and related components)as well as the Dahua Video Intercom (at gate, VTO2000A-C with both VTO2000A-K (number keypad) and VTO2000A-F (fingerprint device)) plus related indoor monitors, are both good options. I haven't found any reviews of well these systems actually work. If you have any advice on this or could direct me to any resources, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have about six outdoor Dahua Starlight cameras that I plan to use with Blue Viris -- while this is separate from the intercom system, I mention this in case there's any relevance. Thanks.