anyone using Bluecherry with motion detection?

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just installed Bluecherry yesterday, server on Ubuntu 14.04 and client on Win10. Right now I have 3 cameras active; one camera is continuous; two cameras record events only. The 24/7 scheduled record is fine. Motion-activated recording does work, BUT. When I playback the .mkv video clip in VLC, even though the actual video image moves as expected, the progress bar along the bottom of the frame moves in huge jerks and reaches the end too soon, or with short clips it moves immediately to the end instead of moving as the 6 second video plays. I do not notice the problem with the 15-minute clips ...or possibly it does still happen with continuous record, but with the much longer clips the effect is relatively small.
I am using Hikvision and Dahua cameras, video is 4 MP and 10 fps.When I viewed motion clips saved directly by the camera I did not see this. Could bluecherry be mangling the PTS (presentation time stamp) fields when creating the .mkv clip (?)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
lower your iframe interval to your FPS rate, sounds like its waiting on an iframe