Are Hikvision OEM cameras fully compatible with Hik NVR?

rishid

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered a Hikvision camera on eBay and misread the description. I ended up receiving a Hikvision OEM model (Winic Technologies). I got a really good price -- I wanted to be 100% certain before I keep it, will be compatible with a (in near future) bought Hikvision NVR? Specifically DS-7608NI-E2/8P.

Thanks.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, and no.

Yes, you will be able to make it work. But you *might* have to jump through some hoops, some OEMs change their firmwares so it will only work as ONVIF, which will make you lose some options. Either that, or you can try to find out what is the equivalent Hikvision model and flash with Hikvision's firmware.

With a Hikvision POE NVR and a Hikvision POE camera install is just plug and play, connect network cable to NVR and camera, and you are done. With an OEM camera it will probably not be that easy.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if it is a hik oem. you fine. it will work with hikvision camera. everything same...except the hikvision logo.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
if it is a hik oem. you fine. it will work with hikvision camera. everything same...except the hikvision logo.
It is not always like that.
Some OEMs have their protocol slightly changed, so even if they are both Hikvision they will only work toguether as ONVIF.