Are there 'HDR' Cameras

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are there any HDR (High Dynamic Range) security cameras? Phones like Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and Google Pixel produce pretty amazing pictures even when it's dark. They captures bright lights without overblowing them and get some pretty astonishing details in cark areas. I think they do this by combining two or more images. That obviously won't work well for fast moving objects but still it does a great job. Are there security cameras where you can do something similar, i.e. run them at 30fps+ and have them combine bright/dark images for an HDR image? I suspect there isn't because all the googling I did points to either use the camera for this, e.g. reading license plates, or do that but not both. But maybe there is something new out that google doesn't know yet....

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Having to spend $99/quarter to read the articles is kind of expensive, though. But the main question was answered, i.e. there are HDR/WDR security cameras out there.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Having to spend $99/quarter to read the articles is kind of expensive, though. But the main question was answered, i.e. there are HDR/WDR security cameras out there.
That article is free to view.