Arecont camera keeps changing

tlawson

n3wb
Reaction score
This is somewhat difficult to describe, so, let me start with my setup, and add as many details as possible. I have 5 Axis 5mp cameras, recording with no compression at 4 fps using direct to disk. I have 1 Arecont 20MP 180 degree camera recording at 3 fps with no compression. In my layout, I have the four Arecont inputs (CAM1 through CAM 4) laid out in a row to achieve a panoramic. Prior to version 4 the four cameras would switch places at dusk and dawn when they switched to B/W mode. For example. CAM 1 is on the far left and looking at my truck, at dusk, The spot where CAM 1 is would change randomly to a different view ( as would the others, even to the point of duplicating views. (I've seen all 4 inputs showing the same view) If you check the cameras Page, this isn't happening, nor does it happen on other DVRs I've tested ( I've tested a Costar, a Verint VMS, and a Nextiva edge) Since the release of v4, this isn't happening at dusk and dawn, but whenever it feels like.

I can right click the camera in the BI interface and choose "restart camera" and it will randomly select a different view. I have the camera selected as Arecont. and the profile as RTSP H.264 and the camera as 1 through 4. I've also tried using the 8MP Arecont profile, but it only shows 1 view on all four inputs even with restarts. I am at a loss, does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I've tried using windows 10 to extend the volume of the drive I am recording to, with my current settings, I am only getting 2 days of recording on a 2 TB drive, wouldn't mind having more, I have drives available, I've tried the archive function after 2 days to copy to another drive, and the performance hit is so bad, the system usually locks up and crashes. Extending the drives slows down recording just enough to cause a similar issue. I realize recording 9 cameras at 5MP with no compression is rough, But again, any suggestion is welcome. My system specs are I5-4590 with 16GB of ram, a solid state drive for the OS and Apps, a WD Purple surveillance drive for the recording running windows 10. CPU runs at 78% on v3 and 31% on v4 of BI.