Audio Compatibility Problems with DS-2CD2543G0-IS Camera with DS-96064NI-I16 NVR

Alan2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The audio on the OEM camera does not work properly. I think it may be a Hikvision issue but they will not provide support other than to check basic settings. I have installed over 30 cams on our NVR, several with audio, they all work fine. However, with this camera, the audio does not record to the NVR. I can hear audio through the web browser, but not on the iPhone IVMS-4500 app. Audio is also not recording to the NVR. I tried the same model gray market camera and that one played sound through the IVMS-4500 phone app but the NVR also did not record the audio. We have a real Hikvision DS-96064NI-I16 NVR. Audio from our other model cameras (real Hikvision and gray market cams) work perfectly with IVMS-4500 and the audio is recorded to the NVR hard drives. All basic settings are correct. At this point it appears to be an incompatibility issue with the DS-2CD2543G0-IS cams and our NVR. All firmware is up to date.

When we spent around $4,000 for the NVR alone Hikvision provided tech support for end users. Now they changed their policy to only give very limited basic setup support and are not willing to troubleshoot issues for end users. I have a 2CD2543G0-IS coming in from an authorized dealer soon but I expect to have the same issue. Anyone have any idea what may be going on preventing audio from recording?