audio output on empiretech ip cameras/nvr

Reaction score
HI, im probably breaking some forum rule or other, but my first post regarding this question, here:

newbie: audio warning on motion detection

has gotten exactly zero responses, and i am unsure if i posted in the wrong place, or if there is some other reason ive got no replies.

I could really do with some advice before spending loads on a system that cant do what i wish.

Apologies to the Mods, feel free to delete this message, or move the other one to a more suitable location if that is the issue.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Most Dahua cams have audio-out - and this should work the same as built-in speaker.
But really I don't think anyone here tested this with external active speaker...

If You need speaker in cam - simply choose cam with built-in speaker.
Color4K-T don't have speaker, but Color4K-T180 have..

If You need alarm functionality - Dahua have TIOC cameras with Active Deterrence functionality..
built-in speaker & mic, loud siren, blue & red LED to flash, switchable IR & white light and alarm/arm/disarm functionality..

Other variant - most Dahua NVR have low voltage Alarm outputs - which can be connected to Your alarm system (to one of inputs).
You can program on which IVS/AI action NVR will send alarm information to Your alarm system...

Last edited:

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Since we are on speakers, what kind of speaker can be connected to that output. Active means that it has it's own amp right?

Reaction score
Since we are on speakers, what kind of speaker can be connected to that output. Active means that it has it's own amp right?
yes. finding one that isnt a "hi-fi" garden speaker with associated cost is proving a bit tricky. i also dont need a bull-horn with 120 Db.. just a small weatherproof speaker with a few watts. i did see a link to something suitable here, but it was US only (im in the EU) and in any case i believe it was nearly 80 dollars, which for a small plastic box, a 5 watt amp and a crappy speaker, seems a bit rich.

Reaction score
that...looks quite suitable! it does say "indoor use only" (whilst also saying ip65 waterproof!) but i guess it could be used as the basis of something a bit DIY..

Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm even contemplating building my own. A tiny amplifier, a small speaker, a project box and some wires.
You can place one under the eve, for protection from the elements.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
My 4k/x, which has an internal speaker, plays an mp3 file when IVS is triggered. Each IVS rule can have its own mp3. It's not booming volume or stellar audio quality, but good enough in my situation.

Reaction score
That sounds like what I want. However ideally I'd use the 4k-t which has no internal speaker, however it has an audio out. I'm just trying to get confirmation that if I connect an amplified speaker to that output, I will have the same functionality, or if there are some other differences apart from the lack of speaker.

Out of interest do you have multiple cams? Can you play an MP3 on all of them, if one of them detects motion?