Audio problems with my Dahua DVR

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have Audio Problems with my Dahua DVR (DVR0804HF-U):

I tried to add an external microphone with the CAM1 on my Dahua DVR (for the test, I directly connect the microphone back the DVR).
I undersand that 4 RCA input on back panel are for Channel 1 to 4 and for 5 to 8 (or to 16) the connection is thru DB25 connector.

I try to check the box "Audio/Video" on the "System Config, Encode"" for the Channel 1. (This box is unchecked for all other channels)
I can't hear any audio on the "Channel 1" RCA !
Just a small sound on Channel 4 RCA connector !

I tried to connect the MIC to RCA 1 to 4 and I can only listening to a small audio sound when the MIC is on the RCA channel 4 attached !

The mic is a small "Surveillance RCA CCTV Mic Microphone Sound Monitor CCTV Sound pick-up Camera " like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Surveillance-RC ... xyw3NTlxmK

My questions:
- Are this sort of microphone a joke or usable to hear audio on DVR ?
- If I check the channel 1 "Audio/Video" box on the DVR, I can only hear the microphone sound attached on the channel 1 RCA connector ? (I f I check the Channel 2 is only RCA Channel 2, etc.)
- Where can I find pinout for this DB25 connector. Anybody have this pinout ?? (nothing on the manual)

Many thanks for your help.

Regards.
spe99

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

Nobody can help me ?

Thank you !

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats a powered microphone, are you providing 12v power to it?

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, the microphone is powered by 12V

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
never hooked one up to my NVR, but Ive used that mic with great success on the audio inputs directly on my dahua cameras.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That type of mic is mainly used and connected near the camera.

what are you trying to do ? are you trying to connect a mic to the NVR and hoping the audio will come out from the camera end ?(providing you have a powered speaker connected audio-out) ??

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
spe99,

You mentioned RCA jacks. And the mic you're using, based on the link, also uses an RCA jack.
Fine.
But you mentioned 4 RCA audio input jacks on the NVR. That made me curious.
Looked it up. That model of NVR is Analog/IP hybrid. And doesn't have 4 RCA jacks for audio inputs.

http://www.e-arion.gr/uplds/1979_DH-DVR0404%200804%201604HF-U.pdf

It uses BNC connectors (not RCA) for analog audio input.
That's based on the back panel diagram here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DH-DVR0804HF-U-hybrid-16ch-Analog-IP-2U-Hybrid-DVR-/321117671365

So it's confusing. Unclear how you connected that powered mic to the BNC audio input ports for the analog cameras.
That mic is usually connected to an IP camera, and the audio is part of the IP stream to the NVR.

Your Q: Are this sort of microphone a joke or usable to hear audio on DVR ?
A: That mic is fine. I've used it connected to the camera, and connected to the Audio In RCA jack on the back of the NVR. I've never used it with a hybrid NVR that accepts audio with a BNC connected.

Fastb

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.