Auto tracking question.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had cameras for quite awhile now. I don't get overly involved like some on here do, but I like to tinker periodically. I have installed a couple of PTZ cams for a friend, (SD5A425XA-HNR) to be exact. He has them plus other cams that I installed out at his work site. He has not had PTZ cams before, and loves to play with them. He likes when it follows people around, and just has fun with them. He is a quadriplegic, and this is the only way that he can actually get to see some of the areas that the cameras are installed at, since a chair can't always go to some places.

Well, the other day I put on Deepstack, and ever since then, the auto tracking has not worked. Is that something that Deepstack effects? I have since gone, and disabled Deepstack for the PTZ cameras, but since no one is out there to trip it right now, I don't know if it is back to working again.
Would anyone be kind enough to give me their setting on the Dahua software, not BI, and what you need to do to auto tracking to make it work properly again? I have it set on my PTZ cam, but it has a couple different settings, since it is an older and a little cheaper PTZ cam. Or at least point me in the right direction, if there is actually a direction to go. Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Deepstack shouldn't have impacted it, but one never knows.

Biggest thing would be to confirm the PTZ is back at a preset that has autotrack enabled.

If it is just sitting looking at something that is not a preset with IVS rules established then it won't track.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I need to do some more research on autotracking I think. I may not have it setup properly. Is there a post that has something about it anywhere? I'll do a search, and see, but if you would know, that would be great too. Thanks for your info.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First use Internet Explorer as this camera more than most will not hold or show all settings in other browsers.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule. Then after you know it works, refine it to your field of view. Trip wires may be better, or intrusion box may be better.

1638228721756.png

There is a way to set up to autotrack from any field of view if someone is watching it live - they draw the box around the object they want tracked and maybe that was what he was doing as it will stop autotracking once someone isn't "behind the wheel" telling it what to track.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, I think I got it. I changed it from Tripwire, to intrusion. I'll find out tomorrow when he goes out to the shop. Is there anything else in settings you need to turn on? I need to have Motion Detection enabled, right? What about smart motion detection?

So, you say that Deepstack should not affect it? It started happening right after I installed Deepstack. I'll turn it back on and see what happens. Thanks for your time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No to Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection, just IVS.

Adding Deepstack should not have an impact on autotracking. But Deepstack is so new that it could be an unknown bug that is somehow sending a command to the camera. It shouldn't happen, but many of us have seen BI turn Motion Detection on in the PTZ and it shouldn't be doing that either.

Hopefully someone will chime in that uses Deepstack with an autotracking camera. I use Deepstack but not on the PTZ.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
After installing Deepstack, I had the same outcome and I have just disabled it as well.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did a lot of tinkering last night, and restarted DeepStack. He says it is working now, but I don't know how well. I wonder if I should disable Deepstack on the PTZ cameras???