Auto Tracking

WTFG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the DH-SD59430U-HNI to Auto Track ?
I have been trying different things for months, getting no where .
I bought it from Andy to be my best camera and specifically for Auto Tracking.
It just wont track.
Thanks

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The auto tracking is all done within the cameras software onboard, and as far as I know, it's either on or off, and controlled through the cameras local GUI, using it's assigned web address.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the DH-SD59430U-HNI to Auto Track ?
I have been trying different things for months, getting no where .
I bought it from Andy to be my best camera and specifically for Auto Tracking.
It just wont track.
Thanks
For that model, it takes a A LOT of tweeking to get it to track correctly. It also depends upon the scene you are attempting to track in. But, it can be very hit and miss how good of job it will do.
The newer PTZ models with AI learning and tracking are much more reliable when tuned correctly.
It takes a combination of finding proper PTZ speed, zoom speed, and target size drawing.
You might want to contact @Wildcat_1 via direct message, and see if he has any suggestions.

@Kevin Penney It's not just as simple as turning it on.

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I shut mine off a week after installing it. I was getting better footage with stationary wide angle. Auto track was not only losing the target, but scanning far beyond the area I had intended to monitor. I have one that worked pretty well out of four, but I just gave up after adjustments weren't making any difference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you, wanted to be my main camera(59225U) and I ended up buying the new 49225XA, and I'm way happier.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
If you purchased the DH-SD59430U for auto tracking feature then as you have already noticed you will be very disappointed and not the right camera choice unfortunately an expensive mistake. Midrange camera I would recommend for auto tracking is sd49225xa-hnr.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the DH-SD8A840WA-HNF Which claims to have Deep Learning AI - I don't know if it has improved or not Since I use BlueIris Not Dahua NVRs, but from day one the Auto Tracking have been really good with this model..

Here are few examples

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Another Example from earlier today. Its always almost every time justworks :)

Now I also have the SD6CE245U-HNI Which does not work well. So I have it turned off for that camera.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should be able to tweak it so that it doesn't stop tracking at the tree.

I have the DH-SD8A840WA-HNF Which claims to have Deep Learning AI - I don't know if it has improved or not Since I use BlueIris Not Dahua NVRs, but from day one the Auto Tracking have been really good with this model..

Here are few examples

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
You should be able to tweak it so that it doesn't stop tracking at the tree.
I Just did. The only reason I had was it was pretty much out from my property boundary I think what cuts it was the auto track intelligence timer I had at 25 sec Bumped it to 45 sec. Will see how it goes today. Thank you Looney2ns Always reading your post makes my system better in some way or fashion so always appricieate your input. Thank you thank you !

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Its interesting even though I thought auto track timer was cutting by tree it seems it still stops at the tree. What else can it be.. Could it be just the tree itself stopping the auto track there ?

1597417622613.png