Automatically assignement of a channel number

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have a 8 port Dahua NVR. THat means, there are 4 physical ports but you can connect up to 8 cams.

When we add camera 1 to port 1 he gets channel 1
When we add camera 2 to port 2 he gets channel 4 !!!!

And when we add camera 4 to port 4 he gets channel 6 !!!

Can we not force the cameras to have channel 1,2 ,3 ,4 when we plug them in port 1, 2, 3 and 4.

We do not know how to change a camera to a certain CHANNEL ???

As you see below I have made an "alias" of channel 6 (ip address 10.1.1.131) to channel 3. The reason is that my Dahua NVR shows standard 8 camera windows and when I choose to the 4 channel view, channel 6 is not displayed and I get a dark window on channel 3.

or can we do a factory reset and add the cams again 1 by one?

Stefaan

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unplug all cameras. Reset cameras to default (no need to do entire NVR I think). Then plug them in one by one in order. I mean Camera 1 to port 1 then Camera 2 to port 2 then....

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unplug all cameras. Reset cameras to default (no need to do entire NVR I think). Then plug them in one by one in order. I mean Camera 1 to port 1 then Camera 2 to port 2 then....
We didthat, but that does not work.
factory reset did the trick.
however be careful with factory reset. Not all necessary settings are done. For example the sub stream of channel 2 was not activated anymore.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset too... that was the next thing I was going to say. I took the battery out and unplugged it whilst I made a nice cup of tea.

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset too... that was the next thing I was going to say. I took the battery out and unplugged it whilst I made a nice cup of tea.
Our battery cannot be removed. It's fixed.
we just pressed the factory reset button in the software.

zimanux

n3wb
Reaction score
where is that 'factory reset button in the software. ? i don't see this on my NVR running
3.210.0001.0, Build Date: 2014-10-16

thanks