Automatically show doorbell camera when motion detected or press doorbell

Philled82

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all -

Now that i have my doorbell installed (Ezviz DB1), I want to set up a tablet or other device in my kitchen to automatically show the camera when motion is detected (or button press).

Amazon & Google's devices (echo show & hub) do not seem support any practical way to get a push notification and turn on the video feed. It works if you ask it to show the video feed (ie. "Alexa, show the front door") but you cannot seem to do it based on motion detection or doorbell press, even with using IFTTT, Alexa Routines, etc.

The closest solution, that is clever but not too practical, is that I saw someone physically taped an Echo Dot behind an Echo Show and using IFTTT (or something similar) was able to trigger the Echo Dot to speak "Alexa, show camera" to the Echo Show when motion was detected.

Has anyone solved for this?

I am open to using a tablet with software or totally different hardware but haven't figure out a solution.

Appreciate any thoughts.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try using Tinycam Pro on an android tablet. It may do what you want using in-app motion/object detection. Your camera needs ONVIF or RTSP URL to connect. Below are screenshots of Tinycam settings for motion. tinyCam Monitor | Home

tempFileForShare_20200901-163253x1.jpgtempFileForShare_20200901-163411x3.jpg

Skinah

n3wb
Reaction score
You can do that with openHAB running on a pi and use any tablet that has a browser. I have the same camera and have done the coding to make it work.