Avoid false alarms with wired perimeter coupling

PPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I try to design a system to protect a terrace from intruders mainly at night when I sleep.

I would like to know if it is possible to send an active alarm signal to an output.

I want to buy a new NVR with digital outputs and news cams.

I would like to know if it is possible on a model like Dahua NVR5216-8P-4KS2E to choose a

a rule like this :

Local input 1 ON AND CAM 1 motion detection ON.

trigger a Output 1 to ON state

or there are other solutions to avoid false alarms. Thanks for your help

PPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I should have written the question in the Security & Automation section.
I have read the software manual for this dahua NVR with 2 outputs.( NVR5216-8P-4KS2E ) I don't think it's possible to create AND rules (just OR)...
in this price range on hikvision I believe I have seen models with only 1 output.
The only solution I see is to use the 2 outputs of the NVR for the alarms of the cameras of the NVR
then possibly to wire with relays, timers, clocks even if more easy to use PLC smart relay to take the decision to wake me up in the middle of the night. :)
and activate SMS text alerts. Because my network is isolated from the internet. please help me I don't know anything about cameras and NVRs. thanks

PPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I saw the dahua alarm box arb1606
ARB1606
This allows to increase the digital input outputs. I have not found information to know if it works on NVR only xvr ...
but you never know it is relatively cheap I think I will try to pair it with a nvr5208 to see ...

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
for that kind of protection, I will better rely on an alarm system. I protected an area, actually my terrace (two 67" windows and 70" sliding door), using an IR curtain sensor (1 set tx/rx), wired to a DSC PowerSeries alarm. The IR curtain will protect a linear beam of about 25 FT. After more than 10 years installed, still provides a secure feeling for myself and family

PPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. the IR barrier that you indicated to me is what I was looking for outputs to couple to NVRs.

i found this kind of stuff IR Alarm Sensor IR Security alarm 100m Invisible Beam Barrier Active Detection Waterproof Digital Pulse Infrared Sensor - - Amazon.com in my country. mabye too bad

I have quite a few cats who come to use my patio as a litter box to do these needs at night and in fact I would like to use the cameras to see where they are coming in and possibly scare them.

I have some smart relay programming experience

LOGO! Logic Module | SIMATIC Controllers | Siemens Global ,

and I imagine that it would allow me to personalize the actuators a little according to (gradually turn on all the lights as much as possible, activate a sound, open the sprinkler valves, and my alarm clock, can be coupled to the phone call ... and things I haven't thought about yet). In fact it gives me a lot of freedom of action with ultra reliable equipment that has been in the industry for years.

I can already hear my wife tell me that I am transforming the garden into a space shuttle :)

I buy a NVR 5216 dahua and the alarm box. I saw a guy in youtube who pair NVR+alarm box. (the dahua website says that box its only for DVR not NVR..).

Conexión física ARB1606 al NVR Configuración en GUI4.0. - YouTube, now let s try...

many thanks....I need help to find very cheap dahua cameras, and need to learn... what camera(s) buy and for where ...

(sorry for my english)
many thanks

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I saw the dahua alarm box arb1606
ARB1606
This allows to increase the digital input outputs. I have not found information to know if it works on NVR only xvr ...
but you never know it is relatively cheap I think I will try to pair it with a nvr5208 to see ...
I have an NVR5208 and just got the alarm box arb1606. I've updated to the 20210709 firmware and connected the RS485 a to a , b to b, gnd to gnd. Still haven't got the NVR to recognize the alarm box. Any ideas?