Axis A8105-E wishing to interact with gate relay from telephone touchpad

crowtalks

n3wb
Oct 25, 2024
tn
I am configuring an Axis A8105 to work with an access gate. I have the video configured and the SIP audio set to be answered by our dispatchers. I was wondering if this device has the capability to open the contact relay via a tone from the telephone key pad of the dispatcher. There are other brands that will allow this interaction, but we are using axis for our cameras and we wanted to try and use it on this new gate.

Thanks, Jim

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
I am configuring an Axis A8105 to work with an access gate. I have the video configured and the SIP audio set to be answered by our dispatchers. I was wondering if this device has the capability to open the contact relay via a tone from the telephone key pad of the dispatcher. There are other brands that will allow this interaction, but we are using axis for our cameras and we wanted to try and use it on this new gate.

Thanks, Jim
Typically dtmf 00 is used to activate the dry relay contacts in the A8105. There are additional settings that will need to be programmed in the A8105 that will tell the relay to activate. But without being in front of the user interface menu, I can't recite the procedure.

Yes, the Axis A8105 door station does support activating its relay through DTMF tones from a phone keypad. This feature can be set up to allow the dispatcher to press a designated key (such as “5”) on their phone to trigger the relay and open the gate. You can configure this within the Axis device’s web interface under the Events settings, where you set up an action rule that responds to a specific DTMF tone.

Check the Axis user manual for precise steps, as the setup can vary slightly based on firmware.:blankstare: