Axis P3245-LVE substream configuration

Reaction score
I had an application where I had to add 12 Axis cameras to an existing install, and I couldn't find documentation on the parameters for the substreams anywhere. I finally got it figured out, and I thought I'd post what worked for me. These settings worked for the P3245-LVE and the P3016. If anybody knows a better way or sees an error, please feel free to point me in a better direction. So, this is what I did:

First, set up the stream profiles in Stream|Stream Profiles. I added two streams, and named them 0 and 1, respectively. I only changed the resolution and frame rate, though there are other settings you can change.

Axis P3245-LVE substream setup.png

Once I had streams to reference, I set them up in BI, referencing them via parameters.

Axis P3245-LVE substream setup 4.png

The parameter settings refer to the stream by name, but it didn't work if I left it at that. I had to include the corresponding resolution, frame rate, etc. The profile links wound up looking like this in BI:

/axis-media/media.amp?Parameters=Name=0&resolution=1920x1080&fps=25&compression=30&videocodec=h265
/axis-media/media.amp?Parameters=Name=1&resolution=640x360&fps=6&compression=30&videocodec=h265

I don't know if this is the best way to do this, but it works. I am now getting my substream at the correct resolution, framerate, etc.:

Axis P3245-LVE substream setup 6.png

Again, if anybody knows a better way, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I hope this keeps somebody else for searching in vain for documentation.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not a BI user, but I have used this camera before.

Just an aside, the username for Axis cameras is root rather than admin, unless you've added a second user ?

Reaction score
I'm not a BI user, but I have used this camera before.

Just an aside, the username for Axis cameras is root rather than admin, unless you've added a second user ?
I did add users. Admin was the user on all of the existing cameras, so I added them to the Axis cameras. What can I say, I like uniformity.

jb449

n3wb
Reaction score
This was helpful. Eventually I was able to find that I could select the desired stream profile using (Replace "High" "Low" with the profile name):

/axis-media/media.amp?streamprofile=High
/axis-media/media.amp?streamprofile=Low