Axis P3248-LVE night capture issues

AxisRookie

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning all,

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue. At night the image looks like it has spider webbed. I can toggle the WDR off\on and its good till the next night. I've compared settings to other like models that don't have the same issue. I think it could be an IR issue. If the cam has to provide the IR, then it spider webs. It seems If there is ample amount of light provided, then the image is good to go. Am I missing a setting that permanently fixes this? Please see image of "spider webbing". Anyone else seen this issue?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep that looks like dirt on the lens and typical IR bounce from a dome camera. Not sure why toggling WDR on/off would correct it for the night, unless it somehow is turning the IR off.

AxisRookie

n3wb
Reaction score
Spots is a sign of dirt on the lens.
When I toggle WDR, the image goes back to normal. That makes me the think the dirt isn't the cause. Plus we have many other outside cams, that don't have this issue. TY for the suggestion

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After you toggle, look and see if the IRs are off. Looks like a dirty lens or missing shroud inside dome to me.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah in color it will be fine. You have IR bounce from dirt on the dome that is only seen when IR is on. It is a common problem with domes. You may have a rolled or loose gasket that is letting IR bleed into the lens as well.

AxisRookie

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah in color it will be fine. You have IR bounce from dirt on the dome that is only seen when IR is on. It is a common problem with domes. You may have a rolled or loose gasket that is letting IR bleed into the lens as well.
Any suggestions? Is there a way to turn the IR off and still pick up color during the day? Out of about 100 new cams, only 8-10 are having this issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is typical IR bounce/bleed and any IR setting other than off will cause this.

The only options are to clean the lens or leave IR off. Or get non-domes LOL.

Why would you have IR on during the day unless these are inside and it is dark?

Are you a installer?