Axis P3717 warming up

AxisRookie

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody seen the attached message? Restarted, restored and no luck. Haven't tried a total factory default yet.

Attachments

Reaction score
Anybody seen the attached message? Restarted, restored and no luck. Haven't tried a total factory default yet.
I'm assuming its the Axis P3717-PLE? Is it installed indoors or outside? What caused the message? Did it randomly show up or was it after a reboot? Does it still display a live image?

AxisRookie

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm assuming its the Axis P3717-PLE? Is it installed indoors or outside? What caused the message? Did it randomly show up or was it after a reboot? Does it still display a live image?
Installed inside...no idea what caused it...showed up and hasn't left after initial install, showing for a few months now....live image displays just fine (except for the red lettered message at the top of the screen.

Reaction score
Installed inside...no idea what caused it...showed up and hasn't left after initial install, showing for a few months now....live image displays just fine (except for the red lettered message at the top of the screen.
So this cameras was installed within the past few months? This camera is discontinued and replaced with a new model.

What Axis OS version is the camera running.? I would recommend updating to the latest firmware (Axis OS 11.xx) and factory defaulting it. The only reason I wouldn’t update to OS 11 is if it’ll cause compatibility issues with whatever system it’s integrated with. In that case, you can look Axis OS 10 LTS.

This camera still has firmware support from Axis until about 2029 and depending on when you bought it, still under warranty.

EDIT: Also, this camera is a POE class 4 device with a max power draw of 17W.

you need to make sure the Poe switch you’re using is capable of handing the power and is not overloaded.

Last edited: