B5442E-ZE as LPR cam @ ~80 feet?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Wish. That's full zoom. To where that one was captured is ~35 feet as I measured it.

Plate Recognizer hasn't missed one yet since I got the zone set up well. Kind of surprised that good.

How do you guys set up the motion zones for night? I used an IVS intrusion box with vehicle filter. Guessing that's not going to work when it can't see a vehicle.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, IVS ONVIF triggering is problematic for LPR duty, especially at night with the black image.

I found this to be the setup that worked best for me. The one zone approach at this location allowed me to catch the front plate of the cars going right to left and the back plate of the cars going left to right. Occasionally I would get a large truck or a very fast vehicle that was missed, but I also run this continuous motion in the event that happens or it missed the motion. And then at night I simply make the object size box a lot smaller like the size of the plate with a make time of 0 seconds.

1663107474441.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Only two cars by here all night. Figures when I'm trying to set something up. Any other night I'd have a bunch.

First time night captures. Not great, not terrible. I think it probably will do for my purposes for now once I get it better tuned some. Need to get the zones better. I'm a little too early and little too late.

0410_4Iuv2_car.jpg
0207_AskmL_car.jpg