baby cam, pet cam that works with BI with 2 way audio?

EDCK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any decent small cameras that are open (onvif) to work with BI that have two way audio. I was going to buy the TP link C110 but someone said they will not work if you block there access to the internet plus you can't use 2 way audio.

I really don't want to use the cloud and they need to be Wifi unfortunately.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any decent small cameras that are open (onvif) to work with BI that have two way audio.
Try the Amcrest IP2M-841, I have 3, they're ONVIF, P/T, wireless or Ethernet and have 2 way audio with the BI app.
I was going to buy the TP link C110 but someone said they will not work if you block there access to the internet plus you can't use 2 way audio.
That is not correct. I have a C-110 working with BI, no cloud/Internet access and it works fine. It is wireless only, though.
Its 2 way audio works with the Tapo app, not the BI app.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EDCK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I went to best buy and bought one Tapo C110 and it works great and is nice and small but i put all my IOT devices on a guest network and i can turn on/off network isolation doing so the Tapo C110 light turns red and stops sending video to BI.

Maybe you have a older firmware? Bit disappointing to say the least.

The Amcrest are PTZ something i don't really need only other thing i can find is reolink cams that are small and claim to have RTSP and work with BI but it seems no one on the forum is a fan.

EDCK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To clarify the C110 works with BI and it does not work with the tapo app once you block the internet for obvious reasons so you can't use the two way audio.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I went to best buy and bought one Tapo C110 and it works great and is nice and small but i put all my IOT devices on a guest network and i can turn on/off network isolation doing so the Tapo C110 light turns red and stops sending video to BI.

Maybe you have a older firmware? Bit disappointing to say the least.
My C-110 streams to BI with no Internet, I just double-checked.

Did you follow the directions below exactly? if so and still no joy consider deleting the cam in the Tapo app and re-do from the beginning.

EDCK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My C-110 streams to BI with no Internet, I just double-checked.

Did you follow the directions below exactly? if so and still no joy consider deleting the cam in the Tapo app and re-do from the beginning.

It works fine with BI and no internet but no two audio with that setup and the tp link app will not work.

I guess there is no way to remove TP links overlays.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess there is no way to remove TP links overlays.
Yes, there is a way: :cool:
  • Open the Tapo app.
  • Go to "Device Settings" => "Video & Display" => "On-screen Display Info" and slide desired switches to the left to disable.

EDCK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, there is a way: :cool:
  • Open the Tapo app.
  • Go to "Device Settings" => "Video & Display" => "On-screen Display Info" and slide desired switches to the left to disable.
Thanks for that! They would be perfect if the audio would work with BI.

EDCK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You mean the 2-way audio, right? Since the cam's mic gives BI some 1-way audio. :cool:
yes sometimes talking to your pet makes all the difference,

Why will BI not work since it uses RTSP?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes sometimes talking to your pet makes all the difference,

Why will BI not work since it uses RTSP?
BI may someday, if the developer gets enough requests.
I encourage you to email their support and ask for it as I and others have asking that BI support 2-way audio with the Reolink Doorbell.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest issue is audio doesn't have an ONVIF standard, so if a camera doesn't play nice audio-wise with the protocol setup in BI, a drop-down for that camera needs to be developed.

There are way too many cameras for BI to develop the protocol for every single one, so as pointed out, the more that send in the request for a particular camera, the better the chances that it will be looked at.

EDCK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why does the C-110 keep trying to reach New Zealand?

Noticed it in the logs.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why does the C-110 keep trying to reach New Zealand?

Noticed it in the logs.
Probably where the cloud server resides and is hard-coded in the camera to check.

EDCK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you know of a way to change the wifi network the camera is on without resetting it?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you know of a way to change the wifi network the camera is on without resetting it?
No.
This is likely because when you first set up the Tapo cam with the app, the Tapo is broadcasting a Wi-Fi SSID in the "ad hoc" mode that you connect to with your smartphone and via the app, tell the Tapo which Wi-Fi SSID at your home Wi-Fi (working in "infrastructure" mode) to connect to.