Backup to the Cloud?

Reaction score
Hi Admitted Newbie here. I stumbled upon this solution, blue Iris, and its exactly what I want for many reasons. I plan to use Dahua cameras and build or buy a used tower i7 or up.

Id like to know if there is a way to backup to my Onedrive cloud account for example. I know if I am running a ton of cameras that would not be feasible due to the storage needed to record them all 24/7 and back it all up.
But is there a way to backup one camera for example or maybe back them all up and wipe the cloud folder periodically? I was thinking perhaps the storage folder could be a onedrive sync folder somehow.

Im just worried about a break in or fire for example and losing the computer. I know some cameras have SD cards but that wont help if its a total loss in a fire...

Any help much appreciated and thanks in advance. Id like to get it all setup and purchased sometime in the next few weeks.

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been considering this but it does not seem a popular option for reasons of storage cost and data transfer rates. I think fast fibre upload and unlimited cloud space are vital both of which I have but if I go down that route it will probably only be for events rather than 24/7 recording.

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Havent thought about doing it for a single camera, but you could set your Blue Iris Alerts folder to be a Onedrive folder.

I think its under Settings > Clips and Archiving > Alerts

That way you only upload clips when there is action, like someone breaking into your house moments before they steal your Blue Iris machine. :p

Last edited:

JayBart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just run dropbox/boxifier… I backup the most recent 14 days to the cloud, keep 30 days locally.