Best doorbell camera on the market?

HomeAuto87

n3wb
Reaction score
My Nest Doorbell Cam somehow managed to get water trapped under the top layer of plastic and looks like trash after 2.5 years. I'm looking to replace it, but I'm not super pleased with the picture quality compared to my other cameras.

For the WAF, I need a few features:
  • Mobile app with notifications when the doorbell is rang or person/package identified
  • 2-way talking

I'd also want to capture the stream in Home Assistant to keep things in one place.

Thanks in advance!

Yippy

n3wb
Reaction score
My Nest Doorbell Cam somehow managed to get water trapped under the top layer of plastic and looks like trash after 2.5 years. I'm looking to replace it, but I'm not super pleased with the picture quality compared to my other cameras.

For the WAF, I need a few features:
  • Mobile app with notifications when the doorbell is rang or person/package identified
  • 2-way talking

I'd also want to capture the stream in Home Assistant to keep things in one place.

Thanks in advance!
Currently in the same boat, I've just pre-ordered the EZVIZ DB2. Has PIR and Smart AI detection, Chime and battery or wired solution. But they mention that RTSP isn't supported, which I think is odd. You can use RTSP in home assistance, and use the mobile app for history. The good thing about this doorbell if you wanted to record the footage on the memory card, the DB2 has the memory card located on the chime so you can witness the person stealing your doorbell. Instead of most doorbell with memory card built in the device, which would give the thief a free memory card inside.

There is an US doorbell, that has ONVIF and RTSP supported. Amcrest's AD410. But currently unavailable for me in the UK. If you want PoE with direct connection without using WiFi you can install HikVision intercom DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) though the sensor may not be that much of a improvement to your nest.