Best driveway camera? No light/very low light. AI Tracking and zoom.

Terabyte

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking to replace an old driveway camera I have that points to my entrance. The driveway is about 100 feet away from camera and has little to no lighting. I would also like AI/face/object tracking. What would be the best in the $500-$1000 range? Or lower cost if thats even possible.

Thank You.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What camera do you have now?

Do you want IDENTIFY or DETECT at 100 feet away?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The workhorse is the 49425 PTZ. It would be very capable and could get you IDENTIFY at 100 feet

But you have to buy it from @EMPIRETECANDY as he is the only vendor that still has it with autotracking. His cameras are Dahua OEM.

Here is the Amazon link

Or if you want smaller form, you could go with this one:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this one? I like that same sensor on a 2MP vs a 4MP…
Not sure about Face detection, and note there is a difference between face detection and recognition.
That camera is basically the 49425 in a different body style. It is also $150ish more than the 49425/49425 body style.

A couple of my neighbors have them and they have a wider rotation than the 49425 body style.

Installed the way it shows in that picture, you can track airplanes that go straight overhead and behind you. The 49425 body style is limited to a 15 degree upward angle.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this one? I like that same sensor on a 2MP vs a 4MP…
Not sure about Face detection, and note there is a difference between face detection and recognition.
We have a customer install the cams on the trailer and use the Color4K-X and IPC-Color4K-B180 to call the PTZ, so make it a 360 autotracking PTZ. Very cool solution for some projects.
1677939991724.png

gecko

n3wb
Reaction score
That thing is crazy!
What NVR systems would PTZ1A225-HNR-XA be compatible with ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am digging the PTZ cameras.

The SD49425XB-HNR and PTZ1A225-HNR-XA both seem to be great.

I've been searching a bit in the wiki and sticky threads to find some PTZ discussions. No luck yet. So asking a few questions here.

In a residential scenario what are the usual use cases for the PTZ style of camera?

What is a survellience system designer achieving with different placements of a PTZ?

And what does it mean for a Color4K-X and IPC-Color4K-B180 to call the PTZ?
Is that a typo?

I am reading a lot of threads as a way of learning what I should be thinking about with regard to designing an effective system around a residence.

So far I have deployed IPC-Color4K-X (2.8 mm and 3.6 mm) cameras that I am using to learn and explore.

BTW, if my questions about PTZ are already well written elsewhere, then pls post link.

The style of the camera is up to you and (and wife acceptance LOL).

PTZs are a great compliment to an established system of fixed cams in place to catch the critical areas. The PTZ fills in the other areas. We are refering to autotracking PTZs so they will track an object as they move.

The problem with a PTZ is they are always looking the wrong way. So you have the camera looking to the right and a perp approaches from the left so the PTZ misses. It is why we don't recommend PTZs unless someone already has critical areas covered with fixed cams.

To call the PTZ is not a typo. This is called a spotter cam. So in my example, the PTZ is looking to the right. Your fixed camera looking left triggers for a person approaching. Within the NVR or BI, that camera trigger then calls the autotracking PTZ to look to the left and pick up the person and then track them on your property.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it is a great compliment to an existing system!!