Best Education Resources

randd0

n3wb
Reaction score
I couldn't really find a suitable category to post this question, so I'll start here. I have been working in IT for over 20 years. I was a Cisco engineer for many years, Sys Admin, and now run a cybersecurity business. I've installed several surveillance systems as one-off projects for customers, family, and friends. I am thinking about pivoting my consultancy to do more surveillance system work in an official capacity. Are there any certification paths, free resources, boot camps, or continuing education you would recommend for me and my team? When I started in networking back in the mid-2000s, I partnered with Cisco and obtained a few of their certs. Although the certs were manufacturer specific, I learned many of the basics required to install and maintain networks. I've noticed that Axis provides training resources and certs. Would this be a comparable path to how I used Cisco for networking?

My goal is to educate my team on how to architect robust/secure systems the right way. I appreciate any guidance you can provide.