Best PTZ camera for Wildlife

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure I understand. And I have only had 1 of these 2 cameras for a few weeks. Are you still saying to create a new IVS for objects or are you saying to modify the existing one I already have. I have 2 of these cameras right now (Garage and backyard needs to be setup yet). I would like to try this on my garage camera as well. Attached is a screen shot. What would I need to do?

Im a noob on this Dahua software. Thats why I am asking for step by step directions. For example, if I need to setup a new IVS for Objects, I would click on the green "+" sign next to Rule type under Preset 1? Pick Intrusion or Tripwire? (Im using intrusion right now). Then what would the rest of the setting be?

Thanks again

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that would be correct. Set up another IVS rule using the + sign and uncheck the human and vehicle boxes under objects.

Then draw a min size box to equate to about the size of the dog and then do the max size for just larger than the dog so that this line doesn't trigger for every person and vehicle (although they should be picked up by the first IVS rule).

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It wont allow you to uncheck both the human and vehicle boxes under objects. You can only take out 1 or the other.
When you draw a min size box.. to do that, am I hitting "Draw Rule", "Draw Target"-next to target filter or "Draw Target"-next to Pixel Counter?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The min size box will be the draw target. The Draw Rule is for the IVS rule.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The min size box will be the draw target. The Draw Rule is for the IVS rule.
Does this look right? (see attached)
So I dont touch the "Draw Rule" right?
Is it normal you cant uncheck both Vehicle and Human?
the "Max Target" size when I try to draw it, it doesnt do anything (doesnt all me to draw). It defaults to the entire screen.

Im using Internet Explorer for Windows 10 version 21H2 (OS build 19044.1620)
Dahua Plugin ActiveX 3.0.0.3

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that should work, but it will be some trial and error.

You should be able to select the max size, then hit clear and then draw to resize it.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is confusing. What am I doing wrong with the drawing of minimum and maximum boxes. It wont let me save. It says I need to draw the box. But I already did. I drew a larger box and smaller box to represent the sizes of dogs. See attached

Attachments

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you draw the IVS rule?
OK, so the entire process is to draw the IVS rule using the "Draw Rule". then you have to click on Max size and hit the "Draw Target to the right. But it wont let you actually "draw" it so you pull down the blue box from the upper left corner to create the max size. Then you click on Min Size and hit the top "Draw Target" again and then you can actually draw the smallest size. then you hit SAVE. See attached. Is that correct?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that is correct. You can move those boxes as well, but they are just representing the size and not the actual location.