Best solution to taking a snapshot at 12:00 daily?

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since switching to BI5, I’ve introduced a few more schedules, the schedule which straddles midday/12:00 has a dynamic start time based on Sunrise, so simply setting the JPEG Snapshot option to take a snapshot every XX:YY (hh:mm), as offered in the UI, doesn’t really fit my requirements.

I have explored the /admin?camera=camname&snapshot functionality but haven’t managed to find a working solution that DOESNT involve me turning off User Authentication across the board (LAN&WAN). (Passing the user=username&pw=password) doesn’t help either)

I can’t seem to trigger an action to run at a specific time within the UI, so that doesn’t really work either...

I suspect the best possible way to solving this is to use the web hooks, so does anyone know a better way of sorting this without having to disable user with across all connections?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding your setup so apologies in advance if this doesn’t apply, but here’s a screenshot of how I have a schedule setup on a camera to take a snapshot at 12:00 PM daily.

This Schedule is on the camera’s properties tab, it’s not the Schedule tab in the main Settings area.

Attachments

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding your setup so apologies in advance if this doesn’t apply, but here’s a screenshot of how I have a schedule setup on a camera to take a snapshot at 12:00 PM daily.

This Schedule is on the camera’s properties tab, it’s not the Schedule tab in the main Settings area.
This appears to be exactly what I have been after! Thank you!

I've set this, so will see what tomorrow brings!

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This worked, BUT, it seemingly uses the Record location of the active profile.

I did have a Snapshot for setup, but this isn’t being used.

Not a big problem, thanks again!