Best way to run cables through house siding, how to address the penetration?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm going to install a PoE switch in my garage inside one of those in-wall structured media enclosures. I have three cameras that will be run to that switch. What is the best way to penetrate the siding so the cables can enter the garage below where the enclosure is and then feed into it. I'm looking for some sort of "siding grommet" or something. Anyone done this and used something that worked out? Please share... thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use these and clear, outdoor-rated silicone caulk to caulk around the cable, form drip loop in cable outside or come up from the bottom. Fits indoors also.
Available in black and white; paintable.

More on this page at bottom. If you don't need but a couple of them, PM me your address and I'll mail you a couple.

black-wall-grommet.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I use these and clear, outdoor-rated silicone caulk to caulk around the cable, form drip loop in cable outside or come up from the bottom. Fits indoors also.
Available in black and white; paintable.

More on this page at bottom. If you don't need but a couple of them, PM me your address and I'll mail you a couple.

View attachment 156793
Thanks @TonyR! I would need one for each cable, right? Would be nice to find one that would allow 3 Cat 6 cables to pass through. I appreciate the offer!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @TonyR! I would need one for each cable, right? Would be nice to find one that would allow 3 Cat 6 cables to pass through. I appreciate the offer!
Yes, one for each cable.

There is one made for a dual satellite cable coax, likely 3 CAT-5e or 6's will fit.....but I don't have any of those. :idk:
They require a larger hole, too.