Better late than never intro

scotner

n3wb
Reaction score
I found this forum a bit late since I had already made most of my buying decisions. I have found much of the advice to be spot on and I will check here regarding future additions as well as ironing out wrinkles in the current system. I had someone trash our deck a couple of weeks ago (while we were home) but that did not activate the alarm since the perimeter was not breached. That is why I finally decided to add video surveillance.

A little on my background. I retired after 38 years working industrial maintenance as a pipefitter. Before that I worked a couple of years installing commercial alarm systems. Back then it was a simple two relay, three battery control panel with a ringer that kept going until someone showed up. We also did a lot of fire sprinkler system supervision. More recently I have installed two Ademco/Honeywell 20P systems in my shop and my home. Prior to working alarms I spent four years in the Air Force installing telephone key systems. The telephone background still gives a fit when putting connectors on CAT 6 cable. Same wire colors but different color code. Telephone was white/blue, white/orange, white/green, white/brown, white/slate and the last thing you wanted to do was split a pair. Thankfully the Klein CAT 6 tool has the color code printed on it.

Thanks for adding me to the forum and thanks for the advice and info offered so far. This will be very helpful to me.