BI 5.3.3.15 x64 (09/11/2020) - Source file format corrupt after "Clips & Archiving > Queue for convert/export"

podf

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to store & convert archives of "Direct-to-disc H264" footage in order to save hard disk space.

Since converting from H264 to H265 didn't went well with BI, I did spend time with a software called HandBrake for this task and to my big surprise it managed this job by making use of both the intel GPU & Nvidia GPU. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to figure out how to manually assign those converted videos to the BI database.

Ended up chopping the resolution down by converting H264 1440p or 1920p feeds to H264 720p archives streams by making use of NVENC. It worked fine with the settings joined below.

But then I tried to check the 720p archives and got the "Source file format corrupt" error and videos showing up with a 1s duration inside BI explorer.
Effectively the videos are playable with VLC but just not inside BI ... Not nice :(

The questions I would like to ask to the nice people in this active forum is:

Is there a functionality within BI to delegate/automate encoding tasks to a 3rd party software and if not did anyone tried to force videos back into the BI database ?

Thank you very much

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Why are you even trying to do this, disk space is cheap?

Personally I keep the clips at their original resolution and let BI take care of removing old clips. If I need more days of stored clips then I would upgrade the disks. Any important clips I move off the BI PC to another storage, so my NAS.