BI 5 "false" warning icon, any help?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I am using BI 5 and it's great. Many times I look at my 10 cameras in the software and next to the red circle (showing camera is recording) top right of each camera box. there appears a yellow warning icon as seen in the picture HOWEVER there is no reason for the yellow icon, nothing has happened, camera is working perfectly and in the Blue Iris STATUS section under MESSAGES N no warning appears, it's not real. When I look in the STATUS section under CAMERAS none of them have any issue, they are all running perfectly. Just curious if anyone know why they appear from time to time on different cameras and after a while (can be an hour or different) they go away. Thanks for any help. Adam

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have noticed that too from time to time - I think just something with a particular camera sending a bad code to BI - you can turn off WatchDog if it bothers you that much or just accept that it will be there from time to time. I notice mine if I haven't jumped onto BI for awhile so it might be related to running headless too?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for answering. What does running headless mean? Thanks, Adam

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Means you do not have a monitor hooked to it and Teamviewer or Remote Desktop into it.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, OK, I am NOT running headless. Anyway the mystery lives on. Thanks, Adam