BI Clips and Archiving, mainly dealing with New and Alerts

Thanamite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bug99 I have 800K files (mp4) in my alerts folder and normally things work perfectly: I have 5 months of Continuous recording and 18 months of alerts video all in H.265 (I use Export to mp4 files). In the the BI UI and iOS app I see all the events. Excellent. The only problem is when I upgraded to 5.7.2.2, after 3 months of not upgrading, and BI disk size monitoring metrics got confused and said that I am over allocating 100%. I then decided to "Repair DB" but that took 6 days! Other than that, no problem.

I am thinking about switching to "Database only" and use all my disk space for "Continuous" recording. That will increase my Continuous recordings to 10 months and decrease my events to the same 10 months. Not as good as what I have now, but acceptable. The main benefit will be if it reduces the time to "Repair DB". Problem is, that like you I don't know if somewhere in there there will still be 800K small files that take for ever to "Repair DB".

The other option is to stop upgrading BI.

Last edited:

Thanamite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
*** update: after 15 min or so, i see that all but about 3000 files have been removed from the alerts folder. At 1/3 MB per file, this equates to the 1GB setting. Unfortunately, the time line and calendar now shows only three days of triggers. perhaps that will change somehow in the coming days to a much larger number to align with the database only camera setting, but i have my doubts.

View attachment 117006
@bug99 did you even figure how to get rid of the 3000 files without disabling the nice view of Events in the UIs. I would think that is the whole point of the "Database only" option.