BI License Issue

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So in the last 2 days I had to re-install windows on my PC to solve a couple of issues I have. First try was to install a new copy and keep my software. That did not solve my problem. The second (today) was a complete fresh install and re-install my software.

Now after installing BI 4.XX when I use the license it tells me that it has been used multiple times and that I need to purchase another.

BI has always been installed on my main PC and a copy of my laptop. If I cannot use my PC, I deactivate the license and will activate on laptop and back and forth.

My license was purchased on BI's official site. Still have the original email from BI with my serial #.

Now that is not working anymore and it seems I am asked to purchase another license. Why would my paid copy be disabled? And yes I have reached out to BI support with no luck.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to deactivate a license first. After so many attempts it will lock you out as it looks like one is trying to run multiple copies.

BI may take a few days to respond or you can buy a new license.

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I will wait for the reply. This is a paid license and I think it is only reasonable to expect it to work and not to have to keep purchasing copies when one has issues with a PC.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Too late now, but for future and folks finding this thread that is why I said you have to deactivate/deregister the license first.

You exceeded the threshold that looked like trying to recover from a hard drive failure with multiple windows reinstalls so the program thought you were installing multiple copies on one license and thus locked it.

BI is essentially a one guy company and will take a few days to respond if you followed the email protocol listed in BI, but it is no different than other software trying to prevent stealing.

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did deactivate. I also appreciate your response and explanation.

It is almost like loosing a phone when BI is not working properly. :)