BI license question

Reaction score
Planning to get a Full version license but I don't have the permanent hardware yet that I will eventually run it on. Can I purchase now, run on my current PC to play/learn and eventually transfer the license to my server?

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, you will just need to deactivate your license (in the Blue Iris Options) on your old machine before you activate your copy on your new server.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
You'll also want to export the settings, assuming you want to keep the configuration, before deactivating the license on the original machine.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can also run it for 14-days without a license on your current PC, although the CPU usage will be higher in the demo version than the licensed version. If you haven't already seen it, check the Wiki for a bunch of great tips for how to configure BI the most efficient way (in terms of resource usage on your systems).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the deactivate button actually did anything (like, no web request to the Blue Iris activation server) last time I pushed it... but just in case you should remember to push it before you try to activate on the new machine. If you're told the key has been activated too many times you can contact Blue Iris support to get it reset.