BI Log entries

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I am noticing I am getting some alarm messages in my log stating that "HW VA not compatable: -3" Does anyone know what that alarm code is? It is associated with my cameras. Can't seem to find any information about it.log.jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
HiKvision cameras? I and some others have seen the same with some of those. Started with BI versions earlier this year I think.

Turn off HA for those cams and you shouldn't have the errors.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, with the substreams now available, many are seeing that the CPU% needed to offload the video to the GPU is more than the CPU savings by offloading the video. Plus many have found HA to not be as stable once Deepstack was added. You will get errors like this and worse.

No reason to use a GPU now except for DeepStack. But turn HA off.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
HiKvision cameras? I and some others have seen the same with some of those. Started with BI versions earlier this year I think.

Turn off HA for those cams and you shouldn't have the errors.
Yep, they are all Hiks. I'll turn that off this evening and see if it goes away.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, I don't want to crow too soon, but it appears that fixed it. It usually popped up right away. Thanks, guys for the tip! :headbang:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Should be good. Don't know why it started doing that for some of the Hikvision cams. Doesn't with all of mine, just some models. :idk:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It does it with other cameras as well. Back before I got off of HA for good, it would be different cameras each time I would restart BI.

I think it had to do with DeepStack being introduced and the possibility of a GPU being used for it that something in the start-up procedures had to change and it now has the cameras looking for the GPU before BI has recognized it.

Pure speculation on my part, but that is what the impression is based on my observations.

However, we have seen that because of substreams, HA isn't needed anymore, so if anyone has any issues, the best bet is to simply turn HA off.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe so. Seems to have started around that same time. I don't run DS but changes related to it could be involved. I've not seen with any other of my mix-n-match cams. As you say, not really needed now so no big deal to turn off.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe so. Seems to have started around that same time. I don't run DS but changes related to it could be involved. I've not seen with any other of my mix-n-match cams. As you say, not really needed now so no big deal to turn off.
I am not familiar with deep stack yet. So I have it turned off. Been trying to get the meat and potatoes of BI set up and running well before I introduce too many variables into the equation. Now I have to get my FPS straightened out, as BI seems to think it is too low. I got rid of the triangle with the exclamation point on all of the cameras but one, now. Trying to keep my CPU load down. With 4 cameras, it bounces around from 16% to 20% CPU load. I have 2 cameras recording continuous, the third one setup on a trigger and the 4th one just takes a snapshot every 5 minutes.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well lets see if we can figure it out for you LOL.

What is the i number and CPU number and amount of RAM?

Are you running substreams? 20% is high for 4 cameras.

What are the camera brands - you get the exclamation mark whenever the KEY drops below 0.50. BI added that so that people are aware that they may miss motion once the KEY drops below that.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
3 of the cameras are Hikvision:

DS-2DE7530IW-AE V5.6.16 build 200925 Deck

DS-2CD2183G0-I V5.6.6 build 210625 Back Porch

DS-2DE4A425IW-DE V5.6.18 build 210622 Car Port

One camera is a Dahua DH-SD22404T-GN

Backporch.jpgCarPort.jpgDeck.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the iframe on the subs are low. Can you adjust them in the cameras to have it match the FPS?