BI or Camera's input for motion alarm?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lots of threads detailing particular camera day & night settings. What are you using for BI alarms? Settings? I'm having a hard time finding a happy (day/night) medium with BI, and went with the trigger from my
IPC-HFW5241EP-Z12E.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lots of threads detailing particular camera day & night settings. What are you using for BI alarms? Settings? I'm having a hard time finding a happy (day/night) medium with BI, and went with the trigger from my
IPC-HFW5241EP-Z12E.
How are you setting this up in BI? I have it setup in my Dahua web interface and worked ok. At first it was too dark in morning and then I changed it and now it is good with just Dahua interface setup. I was going to try sunrise/sunset by bp2008 if it didn't work.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are you using for BI alarms?[/QUOTE
For the most part, I use BI to figure out motion. The two exceptions in my system are for the 1831C-PIR and the 5442TM-AS-LED... those cameras are set to trigger their own alerts and BI watches for them (via PullPointSubscription).

The 1831C-PIR has a built-in PIR sensor that's had extremely few false alerts . I wasn't sure how the 5442 would do on accuracy but since it's one of those new "AI" models I figured I'd give it a shot. It too has extremely few false alerts, so I've let it continue doing its own motion detection.