BI Re-Install

Reaction score
I recently had to re-install Win 10 Pro on my desktop. I exported and saved the BI V5 settings beforehand, and now have successfully downloaded and installed BI V5, entered my license key in the Settings dialog, and imported the camera settings. However, I am getting the "Blue Iris Evaluation Version" banner across the camera images, suggesting that I am using a free trial version that will expire soon. My license key is shown in the Settings/About dialog. How do I get the software to recognize that I have previously purchased a full BI license?

Thanks,
Charlie G

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How long ago did you purchase your last license for BI? BI has stopped allowing never-ending updates and requires a renewal on a yearly basis to keep updating. For the modest cost, it's more than worth it.

Reaction score
I purchased this copy of V5 shortly after it was released. I also purchased V4 for a multi-camera installation in 2017. I've never downloaded the available updates for either installation, since both have been working fine for my needs. I wasn't aware of the annual renewal policy. However, the current issue seems to be that I'll be required to pay for a whole new license when the probationary period ends.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, just rollback to a version up to right before the V5 version you purchased expired.

And make sure you deregistered it from the other machine if you can.

It will still work as intended, you just do not get the updates.

You can find all the releases here: