BI Trigger Stuck

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not sure when this started, but I'm experiencing a "stuck" trigger state on my LPR camera in BI. When this occurs the camera stops recording alerts, Restarting the camera in BI resolves the issue temporarily, but it eventually goes back into a constant trigger state after a few hours. I'm running the latest version of BI ((5.8.4.3) with the latest version of CPAI (2.5-RC4). The camera is a Dahua IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E with firmware V2.840.0000000.25.R, Build Date: 2023-04-25.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am guessing it is being on the latest version of both BI and CPAI and is a bug.

Rollback BI and see if it fixes itself and if it does, then send an email to BI.

pcp01

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue has occurred to me. It happened on 5.8.3.3 (latest stable), so I upgraded to 5.8.4.3 (latest) and it occurred again. I then tried a random version, 5.8.1.5 and it has occurred once. Currently still on 5.8.1.5 and I have been searching for alternatives in the meantime - having trouble getting Frigate (open source alt) working with HA on HyperV with the isolated cam network, but that's another issue.

Edit: for a temp solution, I have a watchdog that monitors the file size of files in the "new" folder and if the latest file exceeds a defined filesize limit, I get a mobile notification with the assumption that the camera is stuck on trigger and didn't split the live recording file.

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
I was going to ask about it as well...
It happened to couple different cameras and triggered for an hour eating 12Gb.
It looks like when there are many triggers within short period BI gets "stuck" in triggered?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Folks had an issue like this a year or two ago and was a bug that Ken fixed.

So I suggest you send an email to BI about this bug so that he can fix it!

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Rolling back to 5.8.2.5 seems to resolve the issue. I've sent an email to Ken explaining the problem.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I've been working with Ken to resolve this and he found something in his codepath where if you see "Alert image not created" in your log file, the camera may stick as triggered. He released version 5.8.4.5 that addresses this issue. To determine if this was affecting your system you can search your log file for "Alert image not created".

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great work! People come here on occasion and post to social media that the BI developer hasn't answered their email quick enough.

Basically in under a day this was addressed. Let's see someone get that kind of turnaround talking to a big company!

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
Once I installed 5.8.4.5(1/18) and 5.8.5.1(1/24) the issue didn't show up...but not sure it was enough days to see the problem...
When I installed 5.8.5.2(1/25) the issue happened again so I rolled back to 5.8.5.1 and I am watching.
I did not see "Alert Image not created" error when the trigger got stuck in 5.8.5.2.

Attachments