BI won't move clips to subfolder or delete

jestreb

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to move only Confirmed Alerts to sub folder, but right clicking on clip and selecting Move to sub folder don't do anything. Created subfolder remains empty.
Also, most options inside Confirmed or Cancelled directory aren't available - Copy only to, Move to stored... like on All clips directory. When I select Delete/Destroy, clip is removed from list but not physically from disk. All is working fine on All clips, but not on confirmed, flagged... Is there a problem with folder permissions or BI settings?
Can someone check if that is a feature or bug?
BI 5.7 with codeproject AI

Screenshot 2023-09-24 141942.jpgScreenshot 2023-09-24 142038.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, lots of info can be found in BI's built-in "Help" regarding handling of clips marked as "protected" (the lock icon).

For example, info regarding "What's New" as in version 5.6.8 - January 8, 2023:

"Clip maintenance behavior has been modified. AI confirmed alerts that belong to existent
clips are essentially treated as protected—that is, they will not be deleted or moved out of the
Alerts folder so long as their parent clip exists. Users may have felt the need to mark these
items as protected in the database (which means they are never automatically deleted),
thereby inadvertently accumulating an inordinate number of these. Canceled and unconfirmed
(no AI involved) alerts will still be maintained on schedule."

Go to C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5 and open the PDF "Help" file with a reader like Adobe Reader, hit <CNTRL> F for "Find", use search key word "protected". :cool:

jestreb

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I have tried to unprotect Confirmed alerts on right click menu, but clips are still not being deleted from New folder with Recycle command. Same thing with Cancelled clips, which are not automatically protected in database. Is there some other way to unprotect them?
Screenshot 2023-09-25 171620.jpg